Las Vegas is the legendary American city that has won the world over with its luxury casinos, spectacular shows and exciting nightlife. Millions upon millions of people flock to southern Nevada each year to attend conventions, test their luck and enjoy the sights and sounds of one of the United States’ most visited cities. Although the Hoover Dam and Lake Mead surround it, perhaps the most engaging and captivating oasis in this part of the Mojave Desert is the iconic Las Vegas Strip.
Since the El Rancho Vegas resort opened in 1941, The Strip’s exciting history has made it a must-see landmark for many travelers. Giordano’s is proud to bring the best pizza from the Second City straight to the heart of Sin City. While the flavorful toppings and incredibly zesty sauce of our Chicago-style deep dish pizza are worth any trip to The Strip, many of our world-class neighbors also feature hours worth of fun and relaxation within a short walking distance of some of Las Vegas’ famous hotels.
Stretched across four glamourous miles of Las Vegas Boulevard, The Strip offers unparalleled entertainment. Whether you’re a frequent high-roller visitor or it’s your first time taking a gamble on a new vacation destination, we’ve got a jackpot list of can’t-miss attractions for visitors of all ages.
Giordano’s Guide to the Las Vegas Strip
The Las Vegas Strip technically isn’t in the city of Las Vegas at all. Although the U.S. Postal Service considers The Strip to be within Las Vegas, it actually resides in the unincorporated township of Paradise. That’s right — when you visit The Vegas Strip, you’ll truly be vacationing in Paradise. And of course, paradise has plenty of our mouthwatering, world-famous Italian Easter pie. In between bites, allow us to suggest filling your plate with 15 unforgettable experiences you can easily find without leaving the Las Vegas Strip.
1. Grab a Photo In Front of the “Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas, Nevada” Sign
No Vegas vacation is complete without getting your picture taken in front of the iconic “Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas, Nevada” sign. Nationally recognized and a registered historic place, this iconic sign has been a favorite stop for tourists since its installation in 1959. It’s an easy walk from Mandalay Bay, but it also has a convenient parking lot on the side of the road, making it the perfect pit stop attraction that’s accessible for virtually anyone.
- Location: South end of Las Vegas Boulevard, close to Mandalay Bay and Las Vegas Harley Davidson
- Cost: Free
- An ideal activity for: Everyone!
2. Spend the Afternoon at a Circus Like No Other
Whether it’s a rainy day or you and the kids need to escape the heat for a few hours, Circus Circus has five acres of rides and attractions to fill your afternoon. Experience Vegas under the big top with free clown performances multiple times each day. Enjoy a spin on their classic carousel, play games at the arcade or hop on one of their indoor roller coasters for an exhilarating ride. The Adventuredome has laughter and excitement for thrill-seekers and fun-lovers of all ages.
- Location: Circus Circus, on the north end of The Strip, at the corner of Las Vegas Boulevard and Elvis Presley Boulevard
- Cost: Circus act performances are free. All-day ride passes for the Adventuredome are $32.95 for riders 48″ and above, $18.95 for those below 48″.
- An ideal activity for: Families with young and early adolescent children
3. Float Along the Grand Canal of Las Vegas
You don’t need to go to the Adriatic Coast to experience one of the highlights of Venice, Italy. Hop in an Old World gondola and let the Venetian’s singing gondoliers paddle you through their indoor and outdoor canals. Glide beneath bridges and balconies that offer you a one-of-a-kind viewpoint of the elegant Venetian streetscape, or take the ride outdoors and float along The Strip. This activity is perfect for couples on a romantic getaway or small groups and families who want to relax as only a Venetian can.
- Location: The Venetian, across from The Mirage and Treasure Island in the heart of The Strip
- Cost: Four-seater shared gondolas cost $29.00 per person. A private gondola for two is $116.00.
- An ideal activity for: Couples, families or small groups and relaxed vacationers
4. Get in Touch With Your Wild Side at the Wildlife Habitat at the Flamingo
Discover exotic birds, fish and turtles living within the lush 15-acre paradise at Flamingo’s Wildlife Habitat. Get an up-close look at the vibrant colors of their Japanese Koi fish, red-crested pochard ducks and of course, the bright pink Chilean flamingos. Walk along peaceful streams, grasslands, waterfalls and lagoons viewing these amazing animals. With daily feedings and even photo-ops with a friendly parrot, the Flamingo Wildlife Habitat is the best way to break away from the hustle and bustle of The Strip and become one with nature.
- Location: The Flamingo, just north of Giordano’s across E. Flamingo Road
- Cost: Free
- An ideal activity for: Families, animal lovers and relaxed vacationers
5. Get Fired Up Watching a Volcano Eruption
Looking for a great way to start an evening on The Strip? Ignite your night with the spectacular sights and sounds of the volcano show outside of The Mirage. Feel the heat of the flames and the hypnotic beat of the exclusive soundtrack written by Indian composer Zakir Hussain and Grateful Dead drummer Mickey Hart. This sensational experience sets a choreographed fire show against the tropical lagoon backdrop, engulfing passersby with a fiery performance you can only find on The Vegas Strip.
- Location: Outside of The Mirage, across the street from The Venetian in the heart of The Strip
- Cost: Free
- An ideal activity for: Music and show lovers, families with small children and relaxed vacationers
6. See The Strip From the Sky
The best way to see the bright lights of Las Vegas is from the top of the world’s tallest observation wheel. The High Roller takes you 550 feet into the sky to give you an unforgettable 360° view of the glitz and glamour that has made Vegas world-famous. Select a standard pod for an exciting 30-minute trip or start your night off right with the Happy Half Hour open bar cabin. Once you’re back on the ground, enjoy the open-air shopping mall at the base of the wheel.
- Location: Behind the LINQ, across Flamingo Road just north of Giordano’s
- Cost: Youth prices $10 to $20, adult prices $25 to 52
- An ideal activity for: Families, adults seeking unique nightlife options and relaxed vacationers.
7. Watch the Fountains of Bellagio Dance to Your Favorite Songs
Only at the Bellagio can you get a free show featuring the music of the Beatles, Elvis Presley and Frank Sinatra. The Fountains of Bellagio are extensively choreographed to classic, contemporary and holiday tunes. Watch the perfectly timed illuminated streams of water dance across the 8.5-acre lake. Experience this convenient Vegas staple that performs multiple afternoon and evening shows. A truly remarkable and captivating experience, no stroll along The Strip is complete without a stop to gaze and gasp at Bellagio’s magnificent Fountains.
- Location: The Bellagio, on the west side of Las Vegas Boulevard just across from Giordano’s
- Cost: Free
- An ideal activity for: Music and show lovers, couples, relaxed vacationers
8. Experience Stratospheric Levels of Fun
Take your vacation to new heights at the Stratosphere, where the Big Shot will launch you into the air at 45mph! Rock and roll on the X-Scream that brings you 10 yards over the edge of the Stratosphere Tower. Reach 3G speeds on Insanity or take the ultimate test of fearlessness leaping off of the 855-foot SkyJump. If want the sights without the screams, you can relax on the Tower’s observation deck. To elevate your Vegas experience, the sky’s the limit at the Stratosphere.
- Location: The Stratosphere, on the northernmost part of The Strip
- Cost: Ticket prices for each attraction vary by date
- An ideal activity for: Thrill-seekers
9. Take a Thrill Ride Through the Heart of The Big Apple
How about a little East Coast excitement west of the Rockies? Strap in for heart-stopping fun on The Big Apple Coaster. Weave your way through their miniature Manhattan skyline, which features enough twists and turns to rival any amusement park. Upgrade your ride with The Big Apple Coaster Virtual Reality Experience as you chase aliens through the Las Vegas Strip and beyond. If roller coasters aren’t your speed, grab a pocket full of quarters and head to The Big Apple Arcade.
- Location: New York-New York, toward the southern end of The Strip across from Excalibur on the corner of Tropicana Avenue
- Cost: Standard tickets are $15. Virtual reality tickets are $20.
- An ideal activity for: Thrill-seekers
10. View Artifacts Recovered From The Titanic
In 1912, the RMS Titanic sank into the frigid waters of the North Atlantic Ocean. More than 100 years later, you can now view countless items recovered from the wreckage at Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition inside Luxor. This 25,000-square foot expanse is home to personal belongings of the passengers, pieces of the ship’s hull and various aspects of the ocean liner’s interior. Featuring authentic recreations, you’ll step into the past and observe the remains of what was considered “practically unsinkable.” This is a must-see for every lover of history.
- Location: Luxor, on the south end of The Strip between Excalibur and Mandalay Bay
- Cost: Tickets costs between $24 and 32 for children and adults
- An ideal activity for: Families, history buffs and relaxed vacationers
11. Play With Dolphins in the Desert
You read it correctly — only in Las Vegas can you spend the day frolicking with dolphins in the basin floor of the Mojave Desert. Wake up for an hour-long morning yoga session with dolphins in the underwater viewing area, then create a masterpiece as you and a dolphin paint a picture on a canvas. Jump in the water and become a dolphin trainer for a day as you play games and learn to care for these gentle creatures. You can also explore their other animal activities to complete your visit.
- Location: Siegfried & Roy’s Secret Garden and Dolphin Habitat inside The Mirage, across the street from The Venetian in the heart of The Strip
- Cost: Prices vary based on date and activity
- An ideal activity for: Families, couples and animal lovers
12. Feed Stingrays and Swim With Sharks
Encounter majestic sea turtles, friendly stingrays, smooth sharks and an array of other sea life at the Shark Reef Aquarium. Get up-close and personal with stingrays in the touch pool. Attend interactive feeding sessions with sea turtles, stingrays and sharks. If you’re brave enough, dive into the exhibit and swim with more than 30 different sharks, which also includes a complimentary video of the dive to show your family and friends. Enjoy an immersive aquatic experience like no other in a city like no other at Mandalay Bay Las Vegas.
- Location: Shark Reef Aquarium inside Mandalay Bay, located on the south end of The Strip just north of the “Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas, Nevada” sign
- Cost: Admission to the aquarium and individual activity ticket prices vary for children and adults
- An ideal activity for: Couples, families, thrill-seekers and animal lovers
13. Make a Romantic Memory Atop the Eiffel Tower
You don’t need to travel to the City of Love to enjoy an intimate moment with your loved ones. Head to the Eiffel Tower Viewing Deck at Paris Las Vegas for a fantastic view of The Strip. Ascend 46 stories to the top of this half-scale replica of France’s famous tower for a 360° view of Las Vegas from the observation deck. Helpful Ambassadors will guide your eyes to other notable landmarks as you enjoy the Eiffel Tower Experience with those you love.
- Location: Paris Las Vegas, directly across from Bellagio and right behind Giordano’s
- Cost: Ticket prices vary based on date
- An ideal activity for: Couples and relaxed travelers
14. Explore Fine Art on a Walking Tour
Hidden within the dazzling show spectacles of The Vegas Strip is another gorgeous showcase of artistry. The ARIA Fine Art Collection is located throughout the campus offering both art connoisseurs and passersby the opportunity to witness paintings, sculptures and installations created by acclaimed artists. Take a leisurely stroll around ARIA’s lavish grounds discovering these engaging and unique pieces as you learn about their creation. With 21 impressive displays of fine art placed throughout the resort, this is an exceptional opportunity to relax, wander and enjoy your vacation.
- Location: ARIA, toward the south end of The Strip between The Cosmopolitan and New York-New York
- Cost: Free
- An ideal activity for: Art lovers, couples and relaxed travelers
15. Enjoy World-Famous Chicago-Style Deep Dish Pizza
With so much fun and excitement throughout The Las Vegas Strip, you’re going to need to rest and refuel with an appetizing meal. Thankfully, Giordano’s is conveniently located right on The Strip in the Grand Bazaar Shops at Bally’s. On the southeast corner of Flamingo Road, you’ll find the fresh ingredients, crunchy crust and zesty sauce that has made Giordano’s the best pizza on The Strip. Our gooey Wisconsin mozzarella and the pie-like crust will make every bite as memorable as the trip itself.
- Location: Only at Giordano’s in the Grand Bazaar Shops at Bally’s in the heart of The Strip
- Cost: Plenty of affordable and delicious menu options always available
- An ideal activity for: Anyone hungry for a generous slice of mouthwatering, double-crusted, cheese-stuffed perfection
The Las Vegas Strip is as stuffed as our deep-dish pizza, surrounding visitors with dozens of world-class entertainment options at every turn. Along with exciting casinos, captivating stage shows and rocking concerts, The Strip has plenty of fun and interactive attractions for all ages. Whether you’re a thrill-seeker chasing adventure, a family hoping to capture fun memories or a couple looking for a relaxing vacation, The Las Vegas Strip has it all. Remember to stop by Giordano’s on your next visit to Las Vegas and hit the pizza jackpot!